The Food & Beverage Manager oversees all front of house food and beverage operations & staff, coordinates with the Chef to provide service to members & guests of the club. The position is also responsible for the planning and coordination of all member catering and dining activities. All non- member catering is planned by the Club’s Event Manager who reports to this position.
- Establish goals for measuring sales, revenue, new events, and business development
- Maintain effective communication between all members in regards to Food & Beverage issues and concerns.
- Educate, train, retrain, and develop team members within the Food & Beverage Staff.
- Lead by example, creating a fun and stable environment.
- Directly schedule & supervise all FOH & banquet staff; this will include planning, assigning and at times performing activities of workers supervised.
- Strong knowledge of food & wine is required.
- Purchasing & managing all beverage inventory
- Work directly with Events Manager to maintain organization of details for booked catering events.
- Direct and organize the team members involved in event execution.
- Ensure communication for events with appropriate departments & department heads.
- Establish and manage department payroll and budgets.
- Oversee and assist in all Food & Beverage functions (i.e. general dining, member events, corporate parties, weddings) with department managers.
- Proactive in exceeding member satisfaction.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES & EDUCATION
- Excellent organizational and communication skills – attention to detail, accuracy and deadlines
- Able to work well under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments
- Proven capabilities to lead and manage people
- Flexible schedule a must, nights and weekend availability.
- Be able to provide direction and drive key initiatives.
- Must be highly member oriented and responsive to their needs
- Ability to work well under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments to meet deadlines
- Strong team-building skills including the ability to lead, cooperate, motivate, and contribute as part of a team.
- Must be willing to “roll-up” sleeves and dig in with staff.
- Capacity for creative thinking & problem solving
- High School Graduate Required - Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Minimum of 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- $65K minimum annual salary dependent on experience and qualifications
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance paid
- 401K Match
- Paid Vacation & Sick Leave
- Meal Privileges
- Golf Privileges
SEND RESUMES TO GM@GLENDALECC.COM
- Start date by July 21, 2017